Dwyane Wade And Gabrielle Union Get Married [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 31, 2014
Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade and actress Gabrielle Union made it official over the weekend.
On Saturday, the couple got married in front of family and friends at sunset at the lavish Chateau Artisan estate. The property contains a private lake and resembles a castle surrounded by a moat, in the Miami area.
Union wore a stapless Dennis Basso ballgown with a sweetheart neckline as she walked down the aisle.
Before Union walked down the aisle, she tweeted, “Happy… Got my Luther playin… There’s a #BeingMaryJane marathon on #BET, my #nebraska #huskers play today… All my loved ones are in town… Today is a good day… I must say I’m feeling blessed and humbled and just freakin happy… Let’s go!!! #thewadeunion”
All females in attendance were asked to match the bride in white, and the men dressed in all black to match the groom. Wade gifted guests with pre-nuptial gifts. The men in attendance all received bow ties and cuff links from D. Wade’s The Tie Bar, to wear prior to the wedding.
Gossip Extra reports Wade was so serious about the privacy of the wedding that sun reflectors were set up on the roof of the mansion to prevent photos and videos from helicopters. The couple were flown down by helicopter in time for the 6:30 p.m. ceremony.
The exchange of vows were performed on one of two gazebos that jut out into the water, with John Legend on the piano. The chairs for the guests were described as “ghost chairs,” transparent so as not to detract from the castle in the background
– Each chair had a set of opera glasses for more comfortable watching since the ceremony was far from the guests
– The ceremony was officiated by actress Essence Atkins, Union’s bestest BFF
– Guests were provided with flip-flops and shoe covers to navigate the grass
Dinner was in a giant tent with a large chandelier in the middle:
– Four 72-inch TVs throughout the tent
– The chairs were custom-made and covered with black crocodile skin
– The special chairs for bride and groom looked like thrones
There were about 200 wedding guests, which included Kevin Hart and his fiancée Eniko Parrish, Ludacris and his girlfriend Eudoxie, Terrence J, BET’s Stephen Hill, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, Carmelo and La La Anthony, LeBron James, producer Will Packer, actress AJ Johnson, Donte Stallworth and ring designer Jason of Beverly Hills.
Check out a few photos from guests in attendance below.
Kevin Hart and fiancé Eniko Parrish
Chris Bosh and wife Adrienne Bosh
Carmelo Anthony and LaLa Anthony
Ludacris and girlfriend Exodie
Terrence J, Fred Whit and BET Exec Stephen Hill
Dorrell Wright and Quentin Richardson, and their wives Mia and Miya
DJ Irie and Donte Stallworth
Photos via Instagram and YBF.com
More from Rucuss
- Dwyane Wade Has a Giant Gatorade Fridge in His House [Photo]
- Dwyane Wade And Gabrielle Union Ready to Wed, Sends Out Invites [Details]
- Say What: Dwyane Wade Cheated On Ex-Wife With Aja Metoyer?!
- Has NBA Player Dwyane Wade’s Sex Life Been Exposed? [Details]
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Are Engaged [Photos]
- Say What: Dwyane Wade Fathers New Baby Boy!