Dwyane Wade Demands Psychological Evaluation For Ex-Wife, Denies Visitation of Sons! [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 28, 2013
The feud between Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade and ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches is far from over.
Although the two reached a financial agreement, the former high school sweethearts have now turned their attention to visitation rights for their two sons. The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Wade would not allow their sons to go with their mother for a previously scheduled two-week visit because of concerns over her mental health.
Wade filed an emergency motion in Miami last week demanding Funches submit to a psychological evaluation or lose rights to any future visits with her children. The NBA star has concerns over Funches mental state after her homeless demonstration on Chicago streets.
“S.L.’s [Funches-Wade’s] statements, behavior, and her demeanor in court reflect that she is presently lost, angry and desperate,” Wade’s filing states. “Her behavior is not in the children’s best interests…D.T. [Wade] requests that this Court immediately suspend S.L.’s timesharing…pending the results of a psychological evaluation of S.L.”
Funches told the Chicago Sun-Times in a statement that Wade always goes to the courts anytime she speaks out publicly. She believes she should have been allowed custody of their sons for the planned two-week visit pending the outcomes of a hearing.
A 2011 judgment calls for the parents to have alternating two-week blocks of custody of their children during the summer. Wade has full custody of their sons otherwise.
More from Rucuss
- Siohvaughn Funches Says Dwyane Wade Owes Her Money, Sits on Chicago Streets to Protest [Photo/Video]
- Dwyane Wade’s Ex-Wife Wins Court Battle, Doesn’t Have To Undergo Mental Evaluation [Details]
- Say What: Does NBA Player Dwyane Wade Have a Baby on the Way?
- NBA Star Dwyane Wade Ex-Wife Siohvaughn Wade Arrested, Wants Visitation Terminated
- Say What: Dwyane Wade Fathers New Baby Boy!
- NBA Player Dwyane Wade Kicks Ramon Sessions in Groin During Heat-Bobcats Game [Video]