Dwight Howard Cleared Of Child Abuse Allegations, Royce Reed Says Case Still Open
Rucuss staffNovember 16, 2014
Houston Rockets star Dwight Howard was the latest athlete accused of child abuse.
The mother of Howard’s oldest child, Royce Reed, accused the Rocket of abusing their son Braylon. Reed took the boy to children’s services in the Orlando area in August, claiming Howard had whipped the 6-year-old with a belt. He allegedly had bruises and abrasions on his legs.
Braylon’s injuries were documented and Howard was interviewed. He told investigators that he was disciplining the boy, which was a defense also used by Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson as he faced child abuse allegations.
TMZ reports the case was closed when investigators determined that the injuries weren’t from a belt and that Howard did nothing wrong.
Howard’s rep told TMZ that it’s no coincidence that news of an investigation leaked only days after he filed for full custody of his son, claiming Reed is a ‘unfit mother.’
Reed, who starred in four seasons of Vh1’s Basketball Wives before being fired, took to Instagram and said that the investigation is still open because Howard won’t talk to the police.
Reed and Howard have had a messy relationship through the court system over the years. According to the Los Angeles Times, Howard took Reed to court in 2010 for violating an order that prohibited her from talking about him in the media. Howard won $500,000 for defamation.
Photo via Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Royce Reed Says Dwight Howard Has Eight Baby Mamas! [Details]
- Dwight Howard’s Baby Mamas Royce Reed & Christine Vest Fight on Twitter! [Details]
- Royce Reed Says Dwight Howard is Putting Their Son’s Health in Danger! [Details]
- Dwight Howard’s Baby Mama Christine Vest Says He Cheated, Hasn’t Spent Time With Son
- Dwight Howard’s Girlfriend Christine Joins Semi-Pro Basketball Team
- Royce Reed Attacks Adrienne Bosh Over Full Custody Battle [Details]