Dwayne Johnson Misses Movie Premiere, Has Emergency Surgery! [Photo]
Rucuss staffApril 24, 2013
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson had an emergency operation for three hernial tears he suffered while wrestling John Cena during WrestleMania earlier this month.
The Rock underwent surgery Monday but he is not resting at home. He had to miss the Los Angeles premiere for his latest movie, Pain & Gain, which also stars Mark Wahlberg. Johnson plays a workout-obsessed body builder in the upcoming film, which is scheduled to open Friday.
The 40-year-old made sure he kept his fans updated on his condition. The Rock tweeted the photo below Tuesday with the caption: “Surgery a success! Dr repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend.. #WeFallWeRise.”
The Rock suffered a torn abdomen and abductor muscles when defending his WWE Champion title in an April 7. Cena won the match that took place at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium in front of a crowd of nearly 80,000.
Photos via Twitter and FirstPointUsa.com
More from Rucuss
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]
- Lindsay Lohan Back On Set After Being Found Unconscious
- Did Yandy Smith and Mandeecees’ House Get Raided? [Details]
- Eric B Is a Judge On A New Television Show Called ‘Ghetto Court!’ [Details]
- Jersey Shore’s Snooki Confirms She’s Pregnant and Engaged!
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Reese Witherspoon, Clint Eastwood, Zoe Saldana & More Attend The LACMA Art and Film Gala [Photos]