Drake Says Common’s Diss Is A Ploy For Attention [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 31, 2012
Drake is ending the feud with Common.
Drake will not record anymore diss records against the Chicago rapper. The two exchanged subliminal disses on Rick Ross song ‘Stay Scheming’ and that will be as far as it goes on Drake’s end. Drake believes the back-and-forth diss is no more than a ploy to help generate sales for Common’s upcoming album. And he doesn’t want to be a part of it.
Drake sat down with NahRight.com and explained why he feels the ‘so called’ beef is a waste of his time. He also explains what he meant by using Vanessa Bryant’s name in one of his songs. Take a look at the interview below:
So people want to know: will you respond to Common? No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a “hip hop moment” or a “battle for the sake of musical integrity”…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story.
There’s a line from your “Stay Schemin” verse about Kobe’s soon to be ex-wife Vanessa that has gotten some negative attention. Can you speak to what you were trying to express with that line? That line came from a conversation about being this young and making this much money and the fear of losing it all. I just used his potential situation to address my own life. I never intended to offend Vanessa or anyone else. That line had everything to do with me and what goes on in my head as a 25 year old man with this much income flowing in. Kobe is and always will be a friend and an icon to me.
Following the release of Take Care, rumors started to circulate that you had fired your entire staff, was there any truth to that? No my team is stronger than ever and ready for 2012. I’m excited for what this year will bring.
Read more of the interview over at Nahright.
More from Rucuss
- Common Releases Another Drake Diss Record: ‘You Aint Wetting Nobody, You Canada Dry’
- Serena Williams Makes Rap Debut With New Song [Audio]
- Skull Gang’s Hynief Hems Up Jo Jo Simmons, He Explains Attack [Video]
- Meek Mill Didn’t Like What Wale Said About His Drake Beef, Calls Him A Hoe
- Vanessa Bryant’s Ex-Stepfather Says She’s a Gold Digger Like Her Mother
- Jessica Burciaga Denies Affair With Kobe Bryant
- Macklemore to Kendrick Lamar: ‘It’s Weird And It Sucks That I Robbed You’
- Vanessa Bryant Scores Big in Divorce Settlement! [Details]
- Fan Tells Kobe Bryant ‘She Wasn’t With You Shooting in the Gym’ [Video]
- 50 Cent Destroys Meek Mill On Social Media After Diss Track