Drake Releases New Track, ‘Draft Day,’ Dedicated to Johnny Manziel
Rucuss staffApril 2, 2014
Drake may be a rapper but he keeps up with professional sports.
The Canadian native even hangs with a few prominent athletes–the most notable is Lebron James. Drake has even formed a relationship with former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, who will be entering in the 2014 NFL draft.
Drizzy and Manziel’s relationship has evolved so much that he’s given him a shout out in his latest song. On Tuesday, Drake released the five-minute track, Draft Day, produced by Boi-1da and The Fans. It samples Lauryn Hill’s 1998 hit Doo-Wop (That Thing).
His freestyle rap begins with a simple shoutout to Manziel and Kansas basketball star Andrew Wiggins, who just declared for the NBA draft. Drake raps, “Draft day, Johnny Manziel. Five years later how am I the man still. Draft day, A-Wiggins.”
While he doesn’t respond to Jay Z’s We Made It diss, Drake does shout out Jennifer Lawrence (“You could really get it”) and Chance the Rapper.
“If I left this shit to chance, I would’ve picked a name like Chance the Rapper / No offense ’cause I don’t know that ni**a,” Drake raps.
Drake also throws in some subliminals.
“How the game turn into the Drake show? / Dawg, what the fuck happened to so and so? / Where did they go? / Too worried about bitches and fashion, they go missin’ in action,” he raps.
Listen to Drake’s song below.
More from Rucuss
- Drake Hangs Out With Kentucky After Final Four Win Over Wisconsin
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Johnny Manziel Has Drake’s Record Label ‘OVO’ Tattooed On Wrist [Photos]
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Johnny Manziel, Michael Rapaport Engage in Heated Twitter Exchange
- Johnny Manziel Says Stop Hating After Being Questioned About Courtside Seats [Details]