Drake Pays Homage To Jaden Smith During iHeart Music Festival [Video]
Rucuss staffSeptember 22, 2013
Drake kept the crowd on their feet during the second day of the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas over the weekend.
After an introduction from some of the Kardashian clan, Drake took the stage to Crew Love, wearing a black shirt with a close-up of Jaden Smith’s face. Apparently, Drake heard about Smith’s emotional meltdown during his MTV Video Music Award performance in August.
Now Drake turned one of Smith’s reactions from that night into a t-shirt. He also had his album title on the sleeve. The shirt is part of a series of shirts that Drake has been wearing to promote his new album, Nothing Was The Same, which drops on Tuesday.
Drake skipped some of his bigger hits and performed songs HYFR and The Motto.
“I know you’ve been listening to great music all day, but I came here for the party,” Drake said. “So I don’t want nobody standing around looking like this is some ambient singing. No, this isn’t that tonight. If you ready to party, make some noise for me one time.”
He then performed All Me and his remix to Migos’ Versace. He had the crowd singing along to Hold On, We’re Going Home before closing with his set with Started From the Bottom.
Somewhere Jaden is probably freaking out.
Watch Drake’s performance below.
More from Rucuss
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Drake Sings ‘Hold On’ We’re Going Home’ To His Nieces During Concert [Video]
- Rihanna And Her Doobie Wrap Spotted At Drake Concert, Plus Nicki Minaj, The Kardashians & Wiz Khalifa
- Drake and Chris Brown Reportedly End Feud, Hug It Out at iHeartRadio Festival [Details]
- 8 Celebrity Audience Reactions at the VMAs [Photos]