Drake Kicks Off Houston Appreciation Weekend at Astros Game [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 14, 2014
Drake kicked off his three-day Houston Appreciation Weekend with a bang.
The Trophies rapper was welcomed by players and fans before the Astros game at Minute Maid Park. He dressed in Astros gear to cheer on the hometown baseball team.
“I just want to first of all, thank you for giving me such a warm reception in the greatest city in the world, Houston, Texas,” Drake told the crowd. “This is where I birthed my career. This is where I sold out my first show. This is where I met Lil Wayne. This is where it all started for me.”
Drake also answered a few questions from kids at the Astros Urban Youth Academy. They asked him about his role models (his mom) and inspirations.
“She (Aaliyah) was one of the only female artists that made me as a man feel OK listening to it,” he said. “You’re not just gonna get in the car and be like, ‘Let me put in this Kelly Rowland CD and just drive around to it.’ Sometimes female artists, their music is specifically geared for women.”
The Houston mayor declared June 10 as Drake Day and presented him with a proclamation for “dedicating his time to Houston through his passion and enthusiasm for music and our city.”
Drake partied at Houston’s 5th Amendment that night, check out a few photos below.
Mike Prince and Jas Prince
Watch Drake speak to Astros’ fans below.
Photos via Indmix.com
More from Rucuss
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Lil Wayne Brings Out Hot Boyz & Drake At Lil WeezyAna Fest
- This Woman Came Between Lil Wayne And Drake [Photos]
- Drake Goes Undercover To See What People Really Think About Him [Video]
- Drake Hangs Out With Kentucky After Final Four Win Over Wisconsin