Drake Graduates From High School [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 18, 2012
Drake didn’t allow his fame to stop him from getting his high school diploma.
It’s been ten years since the Canadian rapper dropped out of high school to pursue his acting career. His first role was on the Canadian TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation. He played Jimmy Brooks who was a basketball star that became physically disabled after he was shot by a classmate. Drake played the role until his character graduated in 2009.
Drake, later, appeared on other television shows before he got his big break as a rapper. But despite his huge level of success, he knew it was necessary to graduate. He enrolled in his last high school course over the summer. It took him five months to complete the course–and now he’s a graduate. Drake tweeted:
“97% on my final exam. 88% in the course. One of the greatest feelings in my entire life. As of tonight I have graduated high school!
Thank you to my teacher Kim Janzen for spending the last 5 months working tirelessly with me!!”
More from Rucuss
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Drake Says Kanye West Appearance at OVO Fest Was ‘Most Important Moment in My Life’ [Video]
- Fling Alert! Is Drake Dating New Singer Rita Ora?
- Basketball Wives LA: Gloria Govan Says She’s Not Suprised About Firings [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Kim Kardashian, North West & Wedding On ‘Ellen’ [Video]
- 50 Cent’s Son Blasts His Dad For Not Showing Up For His Graduation [Details]