Drake Awards ‘Hood Grammys’ on Instagram [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 6, 2014
Drake paid homage to a few rappers who will probably be overlooked by mainstream award shows over the weekend.
The Trophies rapper came up with the Hood Grammys. Drake selected winners in five categories on Saturday.
Best Vocal Performance of the Year was given to Bobby Shmurda for his song, “Hot Ni**a.” Drake selected him along with the caption: “We need it.” It was a tie between Rae Sremmurd’s “No Flex Zone” and Rich Gang’s “Lifestyle” in the category of Best Performance by a Duo or Group.
OG Maco won for Best All Around Turn Up for his local anthem “U Guessed It.” Drake chose his newest signee ILoveMakonnen, who oddly received Best Latin Club Anthem for “Tuesday.”
PARTYNEXTDOOR won Mixtape of the Year for his project PARTYNEXTDOOR TWO.
Drake, who won his first Grammy last year, ended his selections with the caption: “Grammy’s need to have a rap year. Run it up.”
The nominations for the actual Grammy Awards won’t be announced until December. The awards take place on February 8, 2015.
Photos via Rapwave.net
More from Rucuss
- Funniest Twitter Reactions To Drake’s New Jordan Brand Deal
- Drake, Tyga, Blac Chyna & Kyle Jenner Caught Being Messy On Instagram
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Omarion Thinks ‘Post to Be’ Was Snubbed By The Grammys [Details]
- Toronto Rapper Mo-G Blasts Drake And OVO For Not Crediting Ghostwriters
- Did Rihanna and Chris Brown Break Up Over Drake? [Details]