Dr. Dre and Jimmy lovine Unveil New Beats by Dre Models in NYC
Rucuss staffOctober 13, 2011
Dr. Dre showcased his new headphones in a Manhattan showroom in New York earlier this week.
Dre, Jimmy lovine and Luke Wood, along with Monster Cable Products’ Noel Lee were there to present the “Beats Holiday “11 Product Showcase.” The group, mainly lovine, showed videos and spoke about their coming new products. The event was hosted by MTV’s Sway.
“You see all these rappers now with headphones – let them try – Dre is not a just a rapper. He’s a master of sound, which reflects in our products, “ says Iovine, the CEO of Beats By Dre, “So all these other rappers can try to introduce their own headphones. It doesn’t bother us at all. All it does is make us look better.”
Three new products were unveiled, along with new colors that include pink, orange, purple, blue and grey. A Beats Wireless Solo Bluetooth model called the “Portable Beat Box,” with built-in bluetooth and special DJ headphones were also introduced.
The new colored headphones are $350 and due in stores next week while the Portable Beat Box and DJ headphones have no price yet.
The biggest draw in their line will sure to be Beats wireless headphones, which can sync with iPods, iPhones, iPads and other devices.
“Wireless usually sounds like a transistor radio,” Wood said. “Ours sound like Beats headphones, which is a big accomplishment.”
The group also announced a Beats by Dr. Dre pop-up store, which will be located on Mercer Street in Manhattan and will be open through the holiday season.
More from Rucuss
- Apple Buys Dr. Dre’s Beats for $3 Billion [Details]
- Beats By Dr. Dre Blinged Out Headphones Up For Grabs, Retails For More Than $2K [Photos]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Golfer Bubba Watson Surprises 60 People With Dinner at Ohio Restaurant! [Details]
- Beats By Dre Partners With Fendi For Luxury Headphones
- Chad Ochocinco Plans To Change Name Back To Johnson [Details]