DMX Talks About His Mom: ‘She Never Once Told Me She Loved Me’
Rucuss staffApril 19, 2012
Rapper DMX is airing out his dirty laundry on VH1’s Couple’s Therapy.
It’s been a rocky road for DMX and his wife Tashera who have been separated for more than three years. The couple decided to join the show in a last hope to try to salvage their marriage. But its been a tough road to get to their happy place. In almost every episode, DMX has a break down that ends with him lashing out at Tashera.
On the latest episode, the show focuses on DMX’s background as he tries to sort through his own personal issues. He broke down into tears when he talked about being abused by his mother. He explains how he has always wanted to call her ‘mommy.’ He even adds that he has never heard his mom say the words, ‘I love you.’
DMX reveals on the show:
“I use to always turn to drugs when I was feeling a certain way and now I’m not doing that. Sometimes when the pressure builds up I call ‘bino’ and be like, “I just wanted to say, “Mommy.” I wanted to say that word; ‘mommy,’ not my mother. I wanted to say ‘mommy’. I just wanted to say ‘Hi’ to her because I haven’t talked to her in years. I just wanted to say, “Hi Mommy, I love you.”
On whether he ever had that experience:
“No, and she had not once ever told me that she loved me. (starts crying). You know what I think a lot of people lose sight of the fact that, no matter how strong you are as a man, no matter how tough you are, we all need to be somebody’s baby.”
Watch the clip below.
Get More: Couples Therapy
More from Rucuss
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Fantasia Renews Wedding Vows Over Christmas [Photos]
- Kelly Rowland to Publish First Book ‘Whoa, Baby!’ [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Somaya Reece Starts Twitter Riot After Absence From Show
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- T.I. & Tiny Move Forward with Divorce [Details]