Diddy, Jay Z, & Drake Land on ‘Forbes Five’ List [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 5, 2016
There’s been plenty of rap artists to score hits this year.
But only a select few have lucrative salaries to go along with their success. Sean “Diddy” Combs is at the top of “The Forbes Five.” The annual list features hip-hop’s wealthiest artists in 2016.
Puff Daddy is No. 1 with a $750 million. It’s a slight increase from 2015. He gained his fortune with several businesses, including Ciroc, REVOLT, Sean John, and Aquahydrate.
Dr. Dre is at No. 2 with a net worth of $710 million. It fortune is from the sale of Beats By Dre, Straight Outta Compton, and his Southern California real estate portfolio. Jay Z is at No. 3 with $610 million. Jigga’s fortune is in bulk do to Roc Nation and his streaming company TIDAL.
Birdman rolls in at No. 4 with $110 million. He dropped $30 million but most of his fortune is because of Cash Money. 50 Cent is usually on the list but he was bounced off because he filed for bankruptcy. Drake takes his spot at No. 5 with a net worth of $60 million, due to touring, music, and lucrative deals with Apple, Sprite, and Nike. Last year, Diddy was No. 1 as well, followed by Dr. Dre, Jay Z, 50 Cent, and Birdman.
Forbes’ annual list is made by “looking at past earnings, valuing current holdings, leafing through real estate records, and talking to analysts, attorneys, managers, venture capitalists, and some of the moguls themselves.”
More from Rucuss
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Diddy Tops Forbes 2013 Cash Kings List [Details]
- Diddy, Jay Z, and Drake Top Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings List [Details]
- Say What: Feds Wanted to Know if Diddy Had Sex With Underage Boys?!
- J. Cole and Diddy Fight At VMA After Party, Cole Gets Kicked Out! [Details]