Diddy Acquires Luxury Tequila Brand DeLeón [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 8, 2014
Diddy began the new year with the acquisition of luxury tequila brand DeLeón.
The Bad Boy CEO signed a deal for a 50/50 global partnership between Diageo and Diddy’s Combs Wine & Spirits. The DeLeón joint venture will benefit from Diageo’s distribution, supply chain, and marketing, as well as Diddy’s access to influencers.
Diageo and Combs Enterprises joined forces to develop and grow the Cîroc ultra-premium vodka brand in 2007. Diddy is hoping to replicate the success he has had with Cîroc. Since the joint venture, the vodka has grown from 50,000 cases a year into a nearly 2 million case brand.
“Celebration is a cornerstone of all my businesses, and this joint venture is a natural extension of that portfolio,” Diddy said. “DeLeón is an outstanding brand that appeals to those who love exceptional tequila in a distinctive bottle. Together with Diageo, we will take DeLeón to new heights.”
DeLeón is a blue weber agave tequila with a loyal following in the entertainment industry. The liquor retails for $120 to over $1,000 per bottle.
Photos via TheSource.com and Rap-Up.com
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Feds Wanted to Know if Diddy Had Sex With Underage Boys?!
- Diddy, Jay Z, & Drake Land on ‘Forbes Five’ List [Details]
- J. Cole and Diddy Fight At VMA After Party, Cole Gets Kicked Out! [Details]
- Diddy Says The Black Community Got “Shortchanged” By President Obama [Video]
- Diddy and Cassie Reportedly Break Up, Cops Called After Fight [Details]
- Diddy Confirms Retirement After ‘No Way Out 2’