Did Bow Wow Take the BET Hosting Job Because He’s Broke? [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 6, 2012
Bow Wow hasn’t had a hit song in years and it appears to be affecting him financially.
The Atlanta rapper was able to land a few acting roles throughout the years, but hasn’t generated as much income as his once lucrative music career. He told the judge in his child-custody case on Oct.1 that he only makes $4,000 a month with $1,500 in the bank. The judge ordered Bow Wow to pay the mother of his child $3,000 a month.
The judge ruled on the case hours before it was announced he was the new host for BET. Many speculated Bow Wow lied about his income and assets. But it appears Bow Wow is allegedly strapped for cash. Creditors are coming out of the woodwork for payment.
TMZ reports Bow Wow, who now leases a jeep, owes a leasing company $283, 785 for falling behind on lease payments for a 2005 Ferrari F430. The owners sued him and won a judgement for $216,084.75 in 2008. But the leasing company still has not received payment and now his debt is close to $300,000.
Although many believed accepting the BET job was a move in the wrong direction for his career, it seems like a blessing for Bow Wow.
More from Rucuss
- Bow Wow Slams Reebok, Addresses Rumors He’s Fired From 106 & Park [Details]
- Bow Wow, Video Vixen Esther Baxter Get Into Twitter Beef Over Virginity Claims
- Bow Wow Retires Stage Name, Will Go By Shad Moss
- Bow Wow & Keyshia Cole Spotted Together In VIP Of Club [Photos]
- Apollo Nida Engaged To Woman While In Prison [Details]
- Bow Wow Blasts Baby Mama Over Akon’s Brother Bu Thiam