Destiny’s Child Will Perform at Super Bowl, Release Another Album [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 11, 2013
Beyoncé is the headliner of the Pepsi Super Bowl halftime show and she’s bringing along her former band mates for the ride.
Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams will reunite on stage for the first time in seven years, as part of the half-time show which will take place in New Orleans on Feb 3. According to reports, Beyoncé will open the show and will be joined by Kelly and Michelle midway through her performance at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
The trio will perform a short medley of their biggest hits, as well as new song, Nuclear, which the group said on Thursday would be on an upcoming compilation album called Love Songs. It will feature slow songs and the new track, Nuclear, which will be released the Tuesday before the Super Bowl.
Beyoncé will return to center stage solo for the big finale of the halftime show, which is said to include the premiere of a song from her upcoming fifth album. She’s been working with Justin Timberlake, Pharrell, Timbaland and The-Dream.
Destiny Child split in 2005 following their successful “Destiny Fulfilled and Lovin’ It Tour” to focus on their solo careers. Their last live performance was at the 2006 NBA All-Star Game, where the group sang “The Star Spangled Banner.”
Photos via Telegraph.co.uk. and MyColumbuspower
More from Rucuss
- After Keyshia Cole’s Negative Criticism, Michelle Williams Urges Ladies to Support Each Other
- Kelly Rowland Admits Envying Beyonce & Abusive Relationship on New Song ‘Dirty Laundry’
- Keyshia Cole Disses Michelle Williams Again, Gets Dragged For Dear Life On Twitter [Details]
- Kelly Rowland to Publish First Book ‘Whoa, Baby!’ [Details]
- Seven Unflattering Photos Beyonce Demanded to be Removed From Internet [Photos]
- Beyonce Wears Antonio Berardi Dress and Jimmy Choo Shoes to Super Bowl Radio Row [Photos]