Derrick Rose A Passenger in DUI Arrest
Rucuss staffOctober 21, 2011
According to TMZ, Rose was a passenger in a BMW driven by his close friend and personal assistant Randall Hampton. The car was pulled over and Hampton was given a field sobriety test then arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Rose was not arrested, but did go to the police station to check on his friend.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ …. the 2011 NBA MVP was a passenger in a black BMW being driven by his close friend and personal assistant Randall Hampton … when cops stopped the car on a routine traffic violation at around 2:00 AM Friday morning.
When cops spoke to Hampton — who played high school basketball with Rose — officers claim they detected the odor of alcohol.
Hampton was given a field sobriety test … and was eventually arrested on suspicion of DUI. Rose was free to go.
Hampton was hauled to the Hollywood police station, where he was booked. Rose arrived to the station shortly after to check on his friend.
TMZ shot footage of Rose leaving the police station by himself at 3:00 AM … but he clearly wasn’t in the mood to talk.
Hampton has just been released on his own recognizance.
We called Rose’s agent to ask why he would allow an allegedly drunk person to drive him around — but so far no comment.
Check out footage of Rose at police station.
More from Rucuss
- Derrick Rose, Mieka Riese Show Off Baby Boy, PJ [Photos]
- Chicago Bulls Star Derrick Rose’s Girlfriend Is Pregnant!
- Derrick Rose’s Baby Mama Mieka Shows Off Son, Hangs Out With Lil Wayne’s Baby Mama Sarah at Game [Photos]
- Bobby Brown Arrested on Suspicion of Drunk Driving
- 2012 All Star Game: Kevin Love, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose & More Arrive In Style [Photos]
- Lamar Odom Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI, Refuses to Take Chemical Tests! [Details]