Depp and Cast Will Ride Again in “Long Ranger” Film
Rucuss staffOctober 13, 2011
The Long Ranger lives to see another day.
Disney has decided to resume production of “The Long Ranger” film that will star Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as the title character. Disney has scrapped the project in August because of budget concerns.
The film was budgeted at $250 million. But Disney did not agree with the massive cost to make the movie. According to Variety, after several discussions between the studio and the filmmakers, the estimated cost is now closer to $215 million.
Several actors took smaller paychecks and rewrites were made to the script to eliminate expensive visual effects. Production on the Gore Verbinski-helmed flim is expected to begin next February.
More from Rucuss
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Miley Cyrus is Engaged to Liam Hemsworth!
- MTV Phasing out Snooki and The Situation, Looking For New Talent
- Diddy Confirms Retirement After ‘No Way Out 2’
- Apollo Nida Engaged To Woman While In Prison [Details]
- Zendaya Coleman Drops Out Of Aaliyah Biopic [Details]