Denzel Washington, Lebron James & Ashanti Launch “Great Futures Start Here” Campaign In DC
Rucuss staffSeptember 22, 2011
Denzel Washington, Lebron James and Ashanti attended the Boys and Girls Club of America ‘Great Futures Start Here’ campaign in Washington, DC.
The celebrities came out to help raise awareness throughout the youth. Washington, James and Ashanti all spoke about the impact the Boys and Girls Club of America had on their lives. The Boys and Girls Club emphasizes academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character. It aims to lower high school dropout rate, childhood obesity, and youth violence.
In support of the campaign, a PSA was released today that features Beyonce’s inspirational song, ‘I was Here,” which was directed by Academy Award winner Ron Howard. The video features 21 notable Boys & Girls Club alumni including national co-spokespersons Washington and Jennifer Lopez, along with Ashanti, Cuba Gooding Jr., Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mario Lopez, Ne-Yo, Shaquille O’Neal, Smokey Robinson, and Kerry Washington.
Check out the PSA.
More from Rucuss
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Say What: Denzel Washington Gave Joseline Hernandez Acting Advice! [Details]
- Ashanti Blows Kisses At Nelly During Her Album Release Party [Photos]
- Ashanti Puts Rude Fan in Check After He Makes Fun Of Her Music Sales [Details]
- Is Ashanti’s New Boyfriend A Down Low Brotha?! [Details]