Dennis Rodman Enters Rehab For Alcohol Problems
Rucuss staffJanuary 19, 2014
Former NBA player Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism.
Rodman’s agent Darren Prince declined to say how long he will be there. Rodman recently returned to the United States from his latest trip to North Korea.
Rodman admitted that a recent rant during an interview with CNN from North Korea was fueled by alcohol. He later apologized for comments he made in North Korea about a detained American missionary. Rodman said he had been drinking and was under pressure as he organized an exhibition game there.
Rodman has been criticized for befriending North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and failing to understand the magnitude of mistreatment for which Kim is responsible.
Prince said Rodman ”is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman won five NBA championships with the Detroit Pistons and Chicago Bulls. If you missed Rodman’s drunken rant, watch it below.
More from Rucuss
- Dennis Rodman Says Kim Jong Un is His Friend, Wants Obama to Call the North Korea Leader [Video]
- Former NBA Star Dennis Rodman is Broke, Sick and Behind on Child Support! [Details]
- Former NBA Player Stephen Marbury Honored With Statue in China [Photos]
- Chicago Bulls Star Carlos Boozer’s New Spray On Hair [Photos]
- Karrueche Tran Denies Dating NBA Player Brandon Jennings [Details]
- Lamar Odom Reportedly Checks Into Rehab [Details]