Delonte West Suspended Indefinitely By Mavericks, Behavior to Blame [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 25, 2012
The NBA season hasn’t officially began and already the Dallas Mavericks has suspended Delonte West twice.
West was suspended on Thursday for conduct detrimental to the team for the second time in one month. President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said in a statement,”We have suspended Delonte for conduct detrimental to the team. The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
West told ESPNDallas.com he was blindsided by the suspension. He claims there was an argument between two players after the Mavericks 88-76 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, but he had nothing to do with it. He was informed of the suspension via text message.
“There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn’t involve me,” West told ESPNDallas. “Somehow I’m being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don’t know what’s going on.”
West was suspended for the same reason on Oct. 15 after a locker-room outburst. The Mavericks reinstated West less than 24 hours later after he met with Nelson and coach Rick Carlisle.
There were reports West made the outburst because he was allegedly off his medications forhis bi-polar disorder. The eight-year veteran addressed the rumors on Twitter Thursday.
Tough break for West. Wonder will Lebron James’ mom Gloria reach out to console him?
We kid, we kid!
More from Rucuss
- Kevin Durant Gives Emotional MVP Acceptance Speech [Video]
- NBA Player Stephen Jackson AKA Stak5 Debuts New Video ‘Save The Day’
- Kevin Durant on Fiancée Monica Wright: ‘I’m Glad She’s My Future Wife’
- Miami Heat Celebrate Eastern Conference Title With Locker Room Dance [Video]
- Draymond Green Talks About The Steven Adams’ Kick [Details]
- Meet Mercedes, She Claims She Slept With Kevin Durant