Deion Sanders Gets Temporary Custody of Kids, Restraining Order Placed On Pilar!
Rucuss staffMay 8, 2012
There was plenty of mudslinging in court between NFL hall of famer Deion Sanders and his estranged wife Pilar Sanders.
In the end, a judge ruled in favor of the former football star. Deion gets to stay in his Dallas area mansion and Pilar must stay at least 500 feet away, a judge ruled on Monday. State District Judge Ray Wheless also gave Deion temporary custody of the couple’s three children. They must undergo psychological counseling.
Wheless ruled that the injuries to Pilar Sanders, which she alleged her husband inflicted during an April 23 scuffle at their home were a result of Deion defending himself from her assault. Wheless said that since Deion had no injuries it was only simple assault, which is punishable by a fine.
The couple and their attorneys have been in court for the past three days while Wheless heard testimony about an altercation that occurred at the family’s estate on April 23. He found that there was no family violence.
On the night of the scuffle, the police report said that Deion was in a kitchen area when Pilar began kicking the kitchen door that is connected to their bedroom. When his wife started slapping him, he grabbed her by the waist and carried her out the room. Pilar sustained minor injuries but was jailed for a night after the incident and charged of misdemeanor domestic violence.
Police officer John Gardner, who responded to the disturbance call at the Sanders home with another officer, testified that Pilar may inflicted injury to her own lip. Pilar was seen with a busted lip in her mugshot.
Custody arrangements for the couple’s three children are still pending. A hearing is scheduled for May 15.
More from Rucuss
- Deion Sanders Ex-Wife Carolyn and Alleged Girlfriend Tracey Edmonds Celebrate Victory! [Photo]
- Pilar Sanders Arrested For Attacking Deion Sanders at Their Home! [Details]
- Deion Sanders Facing New Charges For Allegedly Trying to Destroy Evidence
- Deion Sanders Fired From Prime Prep Academy After Alleged Assault [Details]
- Pilar Sanders Sister Kandie Witnessed Assault: “Deion Broke Pilar’s Thumb & Choked Her!”
- Pilar Sanders Wants Prenup Thrown Out, Deion Sanders Says She’s Greedy! [Details]