Deion Sanders Files For Divorce Again
Rucuss staffDecember 18, 2011
Former NFL player Deion Sanders has filed for divorce from his wife Pilar.
The Hall of Famer released a statement, “Pilar and I have decided to end our marriage and move on to the next phase of our individual lives with mutual respect. We are friends and our top priority has and will continue to be the well-being of our children.”
Sanders added in the statement, “We arrived at this decision prayerfully and carefully in order to be able to pursue what is in both of our best personal interests.”
Reports surfaced in September that Deion filed for divorce because he grew tired of Pilar’s aspirations to be an actress and singer. But he later denied the split on Twitter.
Pilar gave a statement to Philadelphia’s 107.9 once she heard the news about the filing.
“It’s unfortunate that my husband decided to take this course of action,” Pilar told Philadelphia’s 107.9 in September. “I’m surprised and hurt… As I said to my children, we must take a minute breath and Trust God.”
Deion and Pilar married in 1999 and they have three children together. This was Sanders’ second marriage. He was previously married to Carolyn Chambers and has two children from that relationship.
(Source via TMZ)
More from Rucuss
- Deion Sanders Serves His Wife Divorce Papers
- Deion Sanders Ex-Wife Carolyn and Alleged Girlfriend Tracey Edmonds Celebrate Victory! [Photo]
- Pilar Sanders Writing Tell-All Book, Excerpts From Book Leak [Details]
- Pilar Sanders Loses Temporary Custody of Sons, Child Support Reduced! [Details]
- Deion Sanders’ Aunt Allegedly Attacks Pilar At Their Home! [Details]
- Deion Sanders Facing New Charges For Allegedly Trying to Destroy Evidence