Dave Chappelle Heckled, Walks Off Stage in Connecticut! [Video]
Rucuss staffAugust 30, 2013
Fans are furious that Dave Chappelle stopped his headlining set at a Connecticut comedy show because of hecklers.
The former Comedy Central star left the stage after telling only a few jokes Thursday night. Chappelle was the closing act at the Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival at the Comcast Theatre in Hartford.
After Chappelle told a few jokes, he sat on a stool and smoked a cigarette because the crowd would not be quiet. A few minutes later, he responded to some of the hecklers and asked a few questions to the audience before he walked off stage.
Chappelle made sure he used up most of his mandated time before he walked off stage telling the crowd ‘he was done with comedy and was leaving to go cash his check.’
The Oddball Fest tried to diffuse the situation by posting a tweet asking the audience to “pipe down and let Dave Chappelle do his thing!”
A fan’s video footage from the night shows Chappelle telling the crowd, “All right, you guys. I like some of you, I hate some of you. I forgive some of you, but I don’t forgive all of you, You guys have totally ruined my chances of running for Congress or something.”
Watch footage from the set below.
Photos via Crushable.com and News One
More from Rucuss
- Comedy Break: ‘Devil’s Due’ Baby Prank Terrifies New Yorkers [Video]
- Ron Artest Wants to Be a Comedian
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s Crack Admission Leads to Funny Meme Pics
- Beyonce, Dave Chappelle, The Dream & More Attend Jay-Z’s Concert at Barclays [Video/Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’