Darren Sharper Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 18, 2014
Former NFL defensive back Darren Sharper was arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of rape.
The five-time Pro Bowl was booked at a jail in LA and released on $200,000 bail on Friday, TMZ reports. Police reportedly said Sharper was linked to two alleged sexual assaults. One assault took place in Oct. 2013 and the other this month. No other details are available at this point.
Sharper is also being investigated for an alleged sexual assault complaint in Louisiana.
WDSU reports that a woman complained in Sept. 2013 that Sharper sexually assaulted her.
“The NOPD is investigating an allegation of sexual assault filed against Darren Sharper,” the New Orleans Police Department told WDSU.com in a statement. “As with every case alleging sexual assault, information gathered is extremely sensitive and the top priority of the detectives is to protect the person who filed the complaint. Because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, we cannot provide additional information at this time.”
The incident between Sharper and the woman allegedly took place at a private residence in the Warehouse District. Sharper played for the New Orleans Saints for two seasons and won a Super Bowl with the team. The case is open and active.
Sharper, who won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints in the 2009 season, had 63 interceptions during his 14-year career and returned 11 for touchdowns. He played for the Packers, Vikings, and Saints.
The two-time All-Pro safety is currently an analyst for NFL Network, but has been suspended because of the rap allegations.
“Darren has been suspended without pay until further notice, effective immediately,” NFL Network said in a statement issued to Pro Football Talk. “Regarding the charges, as a matter of policy, we don’t comment on pending legal action.”
More from Rucuss
- Former NFL Star Darren Sharper Suspected Of 7 Rapes In Four States [Details]
- Darren Sharper Investigated For Eighth Rape Allegation [Details]
- Solange’s Business Partner Stabbed 10 Times [Details]
- Jameis Winston Will Not Be Charged With Sexual Assault [Details]
- Jamaican Dancehall Star Elephant Man Charged With Rape! [Details]
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Insults Nelly & Shantel Jackson During Interview, Nelly Responds
- NBA Player JJ Redick Had ‘Abortion Contract’ With Ex-Girlfriend Vanessa Lopez [Details]
- Seattle Seahawks Won’t Sell Tickets To California Addresses [Details]
- NFL Suspends Saints Head Coach Sean Payton For 2012 Season, Gregg Williams Suspended Indefinitely
- High School Football Team Scores 49 Points in Less Than Six Minutes