Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 4, 2014
Dancehall star Vybz Kartel has been sentenced to life in prison for a 2011 murder.
Judge Lennox Campbell sentenced Kartel and three other men in Kingston, Jamaica on Thursday. Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, must serve 35 years behind bars before he can be eligible for parole.
Last month, a jury convicted Kartel and three co-defendants of murdering Clive “Lizard” Williams, who was beaten to death at Kartel’s house over two missing guns in 2011. His body has never been found.
During Kartel’s murder trial, a text message from his phone revealed that he allegedly chopped up Williams in “mincemeat” and that his remains would never be located.
Kartel’s defense lawyer Tom Tavares-Finson expects to file an appeal.
“It is not over Gaza Army,’ he said. “It is not over. Certain details we have to hold back but this is just a obstacle on the road to freedom.”
Kartel is one of dancehall’s biggest stars and has collaborated with artists including Jay Z, Rihanna, and Busta Rhymes.
More from Rucuss
- Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel Found Guilty of Murder [Details]
- Migos Reportedly Jump Sean Kingston, Gunfire Erupts
- Prince Harry Beats Olympic Gold Medalist Usain Bolt in a Race [Video]
- Jamaican Dancehall Star Elephant Man Charged With Rape! [Details]
- Vybz Kartel Launches Line Of “Skin Brightening” Products For Men
- Drake Talks ‘Hotline Bling’ and ‘Cha Cha’ Similarities [Details]