Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel Found Guilty of Murder [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 14, 2014
Dancehall star Vybz Kartel has been found guilty of murder.
The 11-member jury deliberated for nearly two hours before reaching a 10-1 verdict. The judge sent them back to reconsider before they returned with a unanimous conviction, Jamaica Gleaner reports. It capped off a 65-day trial.
Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, and three other men were convicted in the murder of Clive “Lizard” Williams, who was beaten to death at Kartel’s house over two missing guns in 2011.
Kartel and five other men had been charged with Williams’ murder. Charges against fashion designer Calvin Haye were dropped in November, while Shane Williams was found not guilty at trial.
Kartel and the three other convicted men will return to court for sentencing on March 27. Throughout his nearly 15-year career, Kartel has collaborated with Busta Rhymes, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, and Pitbull to name a few.
More from Rucuss
- Dancehall Star Vybz Kartel Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder [Details]
- Vybz Kartel Launches Line Of “Skin Brightening” Products For Men
- Fetty Wap Robbed, Leads to a Shoot Out [Details]
- Nicki Minaj Names Lil Kim, Foxy Brown & Remy Ma as Favorite Female Rappers [Video]
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Kiss, Hold Hands at Pre-Grammy Party [Details]
- Trey Songz Talks About Arrest, Keke Palmer & Reality Show On ‘The Breakfast Club’