Dallas Stars Makes Fun Of Manti Te’o’s Fake Girlfriend [Photo]
Rucuss staffJanuary 21, 2013
Former Notre Dame star Manti Te’o has had a tough week.
Ever since it was revealed that Te’o’s girlfriend was fake, he’s been ridiculed by the media and other for being gullible. And Te’o and his fake girlfriend has been the butt of many jokes. Even the Dallas Stars have got in on the jokes.
During the third period of the Star’s season-opening game on Saturday, cameras in the arena flashed to an empty chair and showed it on the jumbotron. The caption was: “Manti Te’o’s girlfriend welcome to the game!”
The Dallas Stars even tweeted about Te’o’s girfriend being in attendance to the game.
This was pretty hilarious. But was it a little too soon? Naah!
This comes on the heels of Te’o admitting that he fell in love with a girl online who turned out not to be real. In one of the most bizarre stories to date, Te’o said the woman who he had been in a relationship with for three years and reportedly died from leukemia during the 2012 football season was a hoax. Te’o claims he was the victim of an elaborate scheme in which he fell for an imaginary girlfriend named Lennay Kekua. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was allegedly behind the scheme.
Photo via Twitter
More from Rucuss
- Two Men Joked About Manti Te’o’s Girlfriend Being Fake a Month Ago On Twitter [Details]
- Ronaiah Tuiasosopo Says He Has Intense Feelings For Manti Te’o [Details]
- Manti Te’o’s Uncle Says Ronaiah Tuiasosopo Was Trying To Raise Money For Leukemia Foundation
- Washington Redskins Players Almost ‘Catfished’ By Woman With Fake Identity [Details]
- WNBA Player Skylar Diggins is Taken, Shows Off Boyfriend [Photo]
- NFL Player Orlando Scandrick Hides His Girlfriend Draya in Nosebleed Seat! [Photo]