D.L. Hugley, Kola Boof Get Into Twitter Beef Over Comedian’s Comments About Black Women
Rucuss staffNovember 2, 2012
Comedian D.L. Hugley has pissed off quite a few African-American women with the comments he made in his new book, I Want You to Shut the F#ck Up: How the Audacity of Dopes Is Ruining America.
Hugley put his foot in his mouth once again when he talked about why he disliked black women even though he’s been married to one for 26 years. But to be fair, Hugley admits he dislikes all women.
In Chapter 17 of his book, Hugley wrote:
“Being a dad to daughters is very different from being a dad to sons. The dangers are different and the way they listen to you is different. I’m sure every father feels the same way that I do about his daughters. I love them, but I don’t like them. Who likes women?”
Hugley tried to explain his comments about black women on NPR’s Tell Me More with Michel Martin, he said:
“I’ve never met an angrier group of people. Like black women are angry just in general. Angry all the time. My assessment, out of, just in my judgment, you either are in charge or they’re in charge, so there’s no kind of day that you get to rest (ph).”
Hugley has received plenty of negative backlash for his comments. A few coming from author Kola Boof. Osama Bin Laden’s former sex slave blasted Hugley over his comments and the two going into a war of words over Twitter.
Check out their tweets below:
More from Rucuss
- Karrine Steffans Has Advice For Young Whores….umm Women [Details]
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Go Public With Relationship [Details]
- Michelle Williams Wants To Have A Woman-To-Woman Chat With Keyshia Cole [Details]
- Ciara And Future’s Baby Mama Brittni End Feud, Hangs Out With All His Baby Mamas [Photos]
- Comedian Corey Holcomb: The Average Guy Has Five Women in His Rotation! [Video]
- Say What: Is Karinne ‘Superhead’ Steffans Joining Basketball Wives? [Details]
- ESPN’s Rob Parker to RGIII: ‘Are You a Brother or Cornball Brother? [Video]
- Joan Rivers Handcuffs Herself to Costco Shopping Cart in Protest [Details]
- Keyshia Cole Slams Her Sister Neffe For Writing Tell-All-Book [Details]
- Keyshia Cole Serenades Couple On Stage After Marriage Proposal [Video]