Couple Spends $1.56 on Their Entire Wedding! [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 6, 2013
A Scottish couple reportedly spent only $1.56 on their wedding.
Georgina Porteous, 36, and Sid Innes, 39, were able to pull off such a feat because of a volunteer minister and a pot luck reception. The bride spent $1.56 on a vintage ivory wedding gown she found on freecycle.org, Yahoo reports. Innes wore an old tweed suit.
The newlywed’s rings were handmade by Porteous using antlers she found in her garden. Her mother officiated the ceremony and a neighborhood reverend donated his services for free in order to make it all official.
The wedding was held on their property with a volunteer minister. Guests were asked to bring food and drinks for a picnic reception in the barn behind their home.
Porteous’ aunt baked the three-tier wedding cake free of charge and her father, Harry, entertained the guests with his saxophone.
“I don’t see the point in these massive weddings,” Porteous said. “We didn’t want or need a big, fancy affair. We had a ball. The day went beautifully. People said it was the best wedding they have ever been to.”
Photo via New York Daily News, Yahoo and YouTube
More from Rucuss
- Baker Sends Bride a Turd-Shaped Cake, Tells Her to ‘Eat Sh*t!’ [Photos]
- Woman Went To A Hockey Game In Her Wedding Dress And Ate A Burger [Video]
- Here Comes The Bride! The G-String Wedding Dress [Photos]
- Attention Whore! Check Out Deryck Todd’s Hat Collection [Photos]
- Wiz Khalifa Debuts BASH Clothing Line Inspired by His Son [Photos]
- 5 Foods That Can Trigger A Stroke