Columbus Short Fired From Scandal [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 26, 2014
Actor Columbus Short will not be returning for another season of Scandal.
The news comes on the heels of a series of legal woes in Short’s personal life. The 31-year old portrayed Harrison Wright on the ABC drama since its launch in 2012.
In a statement released on Friday, he wrote, “At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS [“Scandal fans”], who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series.
Short continued, “I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful.”
The news of his departure comes just two days after a California judge ordered Short to permanently move out of the home he shared with his estranged wife Tanee McCall-Short, after she accused him of threatening to kill her.
Short is also facing trial for a charge of felony aggravated battery relating to a bar brawl in April.
More from Rucuss
- Columbus Short’s History of Violence Exposed [Details]
- Columbus Short Allegedly Threatens Wife With Murder-Suicide [Details]
- Karrine Steffans Kicks Her Husband Columbus Short Out
- Karrine Steffans Shares Why She Terminated Two Pregnancies In The Past Year
- Columbus Short Shoots Video Of Wife In Fight With Another Woman [Video]
- DMX Goes Off On Iyanla Vanzant on Season Premiere of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” [Video]