Clive Davis Says He’s Bisexual [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 19, 2013
Record executive Clive Davis is opening up about his personal life.
Davis reveals in his new book, The Soundtrack of My Life, that he is bisexual. In his new memoir out Tuesday, the 80-year-old music mogul admits that after his second marriage failed he had sex with a man in the 1970s. He wrote that he hadn’t been repressed or confused during his marriages and that sex with a man “provided welcome relief.”
Davis, who is the chief creative officer of Sony Music Entertainment, said he dated a man from 1990 to 2004, which he said was a “tough adjustment” for his son Mitchell. He wrote that after “one trying year,” he and his son worked things out. Davis is the father of three children.
Davis told ABC’s Nightline that bisexuality is “maligned and misunderstood. He added, “I’m not lying. Bisexuality does exist. For over 50 years I never had sex with a male. It wasn’t repressed. I had very good sexual relationships with women.”
Davis is now in a “strong monogamous relationship” with a man for the last seven years.
Davis also shares his experiences with Whitney Houston, Kelly Clarkson, Bruce Springsteen, Simon & Garfunkel, Janis Joplin, Carlos Santana, the Grateful Dead and others.
More from Rucuss
- Check Out Ciara’s Whitney Houston Dance Tribue
- Michael Houston Admits He Introduced Whitney Houston to Drugs [Video]
- Pat Houston Wins Restraining Order Against Nick Gordon, Bobbi Kristina Responds!
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Evicted, Leaves Nasty Note to Neighbors [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina Says Hacker Posted Drug Use Photo [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina Slams Angela Bassett For Not Being Cast To Pay Whitney Houston