Clinton Portis Owes His Mom $500K Plus $5 Million In Total Debt
Rucuss staffDecember 18, 2015
Former Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis can’t seem to pay his bills.
So Portis did the next best thing–filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November. According Deadspin, Portis debt to creditors adds up to $4,857,659.50, which is a number equivalent to more than 11 percent of Portis’s total earnings in a nine-year NFL career.
The filing from Portis has predictable creditors; his debts include unpaid phone bills, a repossessed BMW, Atlantic City casino losses and back taxes.
And Portis owes $500,000 to his own mother, and the same amount to Entertainment Tonight and CNN correspondent Nischelle Turner. He also owes money to four separate women that is “unpaid domestic support” that totals to more than $400,000.
According to the Gainesville Sun the bankruptcy filing stopped foreclosure proceedings for a house in Florida. A house Portis had built for his mother. The 7,000-square-foot home faced foreclosure because of an unpaid loan of $920,000.
Sun sources say Portis has been “a victim of swindlers.” He also lost money in a failed casino venture in Alabama.
It appears that Portis had no choice to file because of his current income. Portis makes $3,500 monthly from NFL disability payments, as well as $1,000 for his sideline reporting.
Portis, the 2002 NFL Rookie of the Year, ranks 30th all time in rushing yards. No runner has ever retired closer to the 10,000-yard club.
More from Rucuss
- Bankruptcy Judge Does Not Find 50 Cent Photo Funny [Details]
- Money Woes: NFL Player Chad Johnson Allegedly Facing Foreclosure! [Details]
- 50 Cent Settles Bankruptcy Case with $22 Million Payment [Details]
- Terrell Owens Says He Doesn’t Need His Wife’s Money [Details]
- Terrell Owens Faces Foreclosure On Two of His Dallas Homes [Details]
- Vince Young Files For Bankruptcy [Details]