Cissy Houston’s First Interview Since Whitney Houston’s Death [Video]
Rucuss staffApril 3, 2012
Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston breaks her silence on the sudden death of her daughter.
The grieving mother sat down with New Jersey television station WWOR to discuss her daughter’s life and death. Houston, 78, wanted the world to know that Whitney was not broke when she died. She blamed the media for false information about her daughter.
Houston said in the interview, “She’s not broke. She’s not anything, none of that crap.”
Houston added the media misinformation led to people from her past thinking they knew what happened to Whitney.
“The media are awful,” she said. “People have come from here and there, [and they] don’t know what they’re talking about. People I haven’t seen in 20 years. … Here they come, [they] think they know everything, but that’s not true. But God has his way of taking care of all of it, and I’m glad I know that. They really chopped on her, chopped on her … kept, kept, kept.”
Cissy didn’t talk about Bobbi Kristina or the infamous National Enquirer casket photo.
“I know I did the best I could … I don’t blame myself. I know I did the best I could for everything,” she told WWOR’S Brenda Blackmon. “My children are my whole life. She was very special to me, very special. She was my only daughter, and a good one.”
Watch the full interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Mike Epps Talks Feud With Daughter: “My Kid is Turning into Bobbi Kristina!” [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina Says Hacker Posted Drug Use Photo [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s God Son Nick Gordon Defends Relationship With Bobbi Kristina
- Bobbi Kristina, Patricia Houston & Gary Houston Talk to Oprah About Whitney’s Death [Video]
- Bobbi Kristina To Have Her Own Reality Show [Details]
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral Program [Photos]