Ciara Drops Defamation Lawsuit Against Future [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 21, 2016
The Jackie singer’s lawyer Larry Stein has filed legal documents dismissing his client’s libel claims against Future, TMZ reports. In order to win the defamation suit, Ciara would have had to prove financial loss, but she’s reportedly is doing too well professionally to come out victorious in the courtroom.
But the case isn’t over. Ciara is still suing Future for “false light,” claiming that he has made her out to be someone she is not. This would not require proof of financial loss and she could still benefit from the claim in court.
Ciara filed the $15 million defamation lawsuit in February, citing public comments and tweets Future made. However, earlier this month, a judge ruled Future’s tweets were not libelous.
Ciara’s career has been moving in the right direction lately. Since May, she’s signed with IMG Models, hosted the Billboard Music Awards, and was named Revlon’s Global Brand Ambassador.
More from Rucuss
- Ciara Files $15 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Future [Details]
- Ciara Claims Future’s Defamation Cost Her $500K [Details]
- Ciara Shares First Photo Of Baby Future
- Ciara Talks Weight Gain, Future’s Initial Tattoo & Rihanna With Wendy Williams [Video]
- Ciara Refused To Say Future’s Name While Announcing Billboard Music Awards Nominees
- Check Out Ciara’s Whitney Houston Dance Tribue