Chris Brown Talks Drake, Frank Ocean & Tupac Comparsions [Video]
Rucuss staffMarch 29, 2013
Chris Brown continues to let his guard down and reveal more about his personal life and feelings in interviews.
After a sit down with Ryan Seacrest, Breezy headed over the Power 106 for an interview with Big Boy’s Neighborhood on Friday. Brown talked about his upcoming album X, Rihanna, Tupac comparisons and his feuds with Drake and Frank Ocean.
Check out a few excerpts from Brown’s interview below.
On his relationship with Drake:
“It’s not entertainment for me. It’s just more of me being real, saying what I gotta say. I ain’t out here trying to go at him, I ain’t got people after him. I have my differences and he has his. His music’s still hot.”
On his fight with Frank Ocean:
“Some stuff went down, but it’s whatever. It’s always sensationalized and always blown out of proportion. I got respect for his music. I got respect for everybody else, so I ain’t really tryna go back down that route. Everything for me is moving forward.”
On collaborating with Rihanna:
“Right now, I have a couple songs that I wrote for her album and mine that she’s featured on. The song’s called ‘Put It Up.’”
On comparisons to Tupac:
“I just identify with a young black male who deals with trials and tribulations and can express his art through his poetry. I’m passionate so I can identify with that. Everything I do, I wear my heart on my sleeve.”
Watch the interview below.
Photos via Power 106
More from Rucuss
- Drake and Chris Brown Reportedly End Feud, Hug It Out at iHeartRadio Festival [Details]
- Chris Brown, Rihanna Takes Shots at Each Other on Twitter [Details]
- Chris Brown Confirms Breakup With Rihanna: ‘I Can’t Be Focused on Wifing Someone That Young’ [Details]
- Rihanna, Chris Brown Assault Portrayed on ‘Law & Order: SVU’? [Video]
- Chris Brown Charged with Hit-and-Run, Responds to Allegations on Twitter [Details]
- Chris Brown Parties With Karrueche Tran, Spends $25,000 at New York Club [Photos]