Chris Brown Says Beating Rihanna Was Biggest Mistake of His Life! [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 26, 2013
Chris Brown is opening up more now that he’s officially back with Rihanna.
Brown has publicly acknowledged for the first time that Rihanna is his girlfriend and she’s forgiven him. The Don’t Judge Me singer even expressed his regret for the infamous 2009 assault on the pop star.
The couple’s romance came to a violent end when Brown viciously beat RiRi in his car on the eve of the Grammy Awards. Brown was convicted of assault and placed on five years’ probation.
Now four years later, Brown revealed the incident was the biggest mistake of his life. Brown told Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper:
“Sometimes you row, you fight, with the one you love and things get said, stuff spirals.
“That night was the deepest regret of my life, the biggest mistake.
“But she loves me – what can I say? I’m forgiven… but, yes, I worked hard for it.”
“I’ve learned a lot since that night and I’ve grown up. I was very young and I took a lot of stuff, fame, for granted.”
“I didn’t understand it. The support from those who do know me and the fans, who are incredible, got me through.”
He also dismissed a bad taste joke by host Seth Macfarlane during the Academy Awards ceremony – in which Macfarlane compared the “unspeakably violent” movie Django Unchained to “date night for Rihanna and Chris Brown”.
“People attack me and criticise me, it happens all the time, Brown said.
“But they don’t know me, and they don’t know us. It doesn’t bother me any more.
“Other people can judge us but they don’t know anything.”
Now that Brown and Rihanna have publicly admitted that they are a couple, let’s pray that the 2009 assault doesn’t happen again.
More from Rucuss
- Karrueche Tran Dishes on Clothing Line, Love Triangle With Chris & Rihanna
- Chris Brown Confirms Breakup With Rihanna: ‘I Can’t Be Focused on Wifing Someone That Young’ [Details]
- Was Chris Brown and Karrueche Tran Hooking Up During All-Star Weekend? [Photos]
- Did Rihanna and Chris Brown Break Up Over Drake? [Details]
- Here We Go Again: Did Chris Brown Apologize to Rihanna?! [Details]
- Rihanna and Her Cousin Make Fun Of Karrueche Tran, She Snaps Back! [Details]