Chris Brown Ordered to Remain in Rehab [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 1, 2014
Things didn’t go the way Chris Brown had hoped for.
The Loyal singer was ordered by a judge to go back to rehab for two more months. Brown appeared in an Los Angeles courtroom on Friday for a progress report update in the Rihanna assault case.
L.A. County Judge James Brandlin ordered Brown to remain in the anger management and drug rehab program he entered three months ago, CNN reports. He will extend his residency at a Malibu treatment facility.
Brown’s probation officer said that he “continues to make great improvement” in dealing with anger, stress, and drugs. The judge also rule that he can’t go free yet and must first be tried on his assault charge in Washington, D.C.
After the April 23 hearing, the judge will decide whether Brown should go to jail for violating his probation. Brown appeared to be disappointed by the decision. He closed his eyes and seemed to meditate while his lawyer, Mark Geragos, met with the judge and prosecutor.
Brown tweeted after he court appearance, “Never really goes the way u plan. #LIFE.”
According to court documents obtained by TMZ, Brown’s anger issues were triggered by bipolar disorder, severe insomnia, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Brown’s forthcoming album X is scheduled for a May 5 release.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown Sent To Jail After Being Kicked Out Of Rehab [Details]
- Chris Brown Ordered to Remain in Jail [Details]
- Secret Service Agent Trying to Clear Chris Brown Of Assault Charge [Details]
- Chris Brown Accuses Former Manager of Leaking His Music [Details]
- Judge Orders Chris Brown To Remain In Rehab [Details]
- Chris Brown Admits Probation Violation, Sentenced to Year in Jail