Chris Brown Charged with Hit-and-Run, Responds to Allegations on Twitter [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 25, 2013
Chris Brown is tired of being in the headlines for things other than music.
After being falsely accused of assaulting a woman at a club over the weekend, Brown has been charged with criminal hit and run. According to TMZ, the L.A. City Attorney has filed two criminal charges against the Fine China singer that stems from a minor accident last month. Brown allegedly rear-ended a Mercedes in his Range Rover. The website claims he refused to hand over his driver’s license number and gave fake insurance info before leaving the scene.
The City Attorney has charged him with hit-and-run for leaving the scene without exchanging proper information. The 24-year old has also been charged with the crime of driving without a valid license. Each offense is punishable by a maximum of six months in jail.
After Brown caught wind of the story, he jumped on Twitter to deny the charges. He claims TMZ’s story is not true and that his lawyers will be contacting the website. Check out his rant below.
Watch footage from the incident below.
Photo via BET
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown, Rihanna Takes Shots at Each Other on Twitter [Details]
- Say What: Chris Brown Distances Himself From Friends?!
- Chris Brown Will Not Be Charged For Grabbing Fan’s Cellphone [Details]
- Chris Brown Arrested in D.C. On Felony Assault Charge [Details]
- Frank Ocean Says Chris Brown Threatened to Shoot Him! [Details]
- Chris Brown Confirms Breakup With Rihanna: ‘I Can’t Be Focused on Wifing Someone That Young’ [Details]