Chicago Teen Who Performed at Obama’s Inauguration Killed [Video]
Rucuss staffJanuary 30, 2013
A teenage girl who performed during President Barack Obama’s inauguration activities in Washington was shot to death at a Chicago park.
Hadiya Pendleton, 15, was shot in the back Tuesday and later died at University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital. An unidentified boy was shot in the leg and is being treated at the hospital.
Hadiya was one of about 12 teens under a canopy at a park to avoid the rain around 2:30 p.m. when a man jumped a fence, ran toward the group and opened fire. Police said the gunman did not aim at Hadiya. He fled the scene and no arrests have been made, WBBM-TV reports.
A witness told WBBM that the teens ran out of the park in a panic after the shots were fired. Pendleton and a boy who also was shot collapsed about a block away. She died less than an hour later.
The 15-year old was a majorette with the King College Prep High School band, which performed at several inaugural events. She was also an honor student and volleyball player.
More from Rucuss
- President Obama Slow Jams The News With Jimmy Fallon [Video]
- President Obama Responds to Donald Trump’s $5 Million Offer on Jay Leno [Video]
- Michelle Obama Speech: Read The First Lady’s Democratic Convention Speech
- Diddy Says The Black Community Got “Shortchanged” By President Obama [Video]
- Chris Rock Has A Message For White Voters [Video]
- President Obama Calls Kanye West a Jackass Again! [Details]