Check Out Eric Clayton’s $4.75 Million Ferrari! [Photos]
Rucuss staffMarch 30, 2012
Legendary guitarist Eric Clapton has collected Ferraris for decades.
And Clapton sparred no expense on his new toy. He forked over a whopping $4.75 million on his brand new one-of-a-kind custom Ferrari that took two years to complete. By comparison, the world’s most expensive production car has been reported to be the Bugatti Veyron Super Sports at $2,400,000, which this price tag doubles.
The rock star’s Ferrari is a one of a kind custom 458 Italia with the badge SP12EC. Clapton allegedly wanted a V12 engine installed in the car but the automaker refused to modify the car’s engine, transmission or suspension. The Italia has a 562 hp V8 engine and does 0-62 mph in 3.4 seconds. It has a top end of 202 mph. Specific design changes were done to make the SP12EC look more like one of Clapton’s favorite 70s Ferraris
For those concerned about a millionaire spending so much on a car instead of helping the community, Clapton is the main benefactor of the Crossroads Recovery Centre in Antigua. It is a drug and alcohol rehab program which the long-time rock icon formed after battling off his own long-term addictions.
Check out raw footage of the car below.
More from Rucuss
- The Game Buys Bugatti Veyron For Birthday, Then Celebrates With Friends at Club [Photos]
- Birdman Gives Justin Bieber a Bugatti [Details]
- NFL Player Richie Incognito Seeking Treatment At Rehab Facility
- Tyga’s Ferrari Repossessed While Shopping For A Bentley
- Bobby Brown Sentenced to Jail Time For DUI [Details]
- Judge Orders Chris Brown To Remain In Rehab [Details]