Charles Oakley Arrested For Allegedly Cheating at Casino [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 12, 2018
Former NBA forward Charles Oakley was arrested over the weekend.
Oakley was allegedly caught on camera cheating at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas on July 8. Oakley could face one to six years in prison if convicted.
“Officials from the Nevada Gaming Board tell us Oakley ‘was suspected of adding to or reducing his wager on a gambling game after the outcome was known,'” TMZ reports. “Unclear what game he was playing at the time—but one source with knowledge of the incident says Oak tried to pull back a $100 chip after he realized he was going to lose.”
A person close to the 54-year-old told TMZ it was an “insignificant matter.” After security confronted him, Oakley was taken into custody around 5:30 p.m.
Oakley currently serves as a head coach of the Killer Threes in Ice Cube’s Big 3 league.
Oakley, who spent 19 years in the NBA, was drafted No. 9 overall in 1985. He’s noted as one of the league’s all-time great defenders.
Photos via Total Pro Sports
More from Rucuss
- NBA Player Danilo Gallinari Warned For Bad Flop Attempt [Video]
- NBA Rookie Royce White’s Alleged Baby Mama Says He Doesn’t Want Baby, Another Claims He’s a Dead Beat! [Details]
- Donald Sterling Banned From NBA For Life, League Will Try To Force Him Out
- Atlanta Hawks Owner Will Sell Team Over Racist Comments [Details]
- The Miami Heat Celebrate Winning Back-to-Back Championships at Story Nightclub [Photos/Video]
- NBA Player Blake Griffin Responds to Serge Ibaka Groin Hit With Funny Tweet! [Details]