Charles Barkley Doesn’t Want White America Dictating N-Word Rules [Video]
Rucuss staffNovember 15, 2013
NBA hall of famer Charles Barkley shared his opinion on the usage of the N-word on TNT Thursday.
Barkley explained why he doesn’t want White America dictating his use of the word. He went on a rant once the subject came up because Los Angeles Clippers star Matt Barnes was fined for using it on Twitter.
Barnes was fined $25,00 for a tweet he posted after his ejection from Wednesday’s game against Oklahoma City Thunder. He called his teammates ‘n*ggas.’
Barkley defended Barnes’ use of the term, but he said Twitter was not the proper forum to use the word.
“What I do with my black friends is not up to White America to dictate to me what’s appropriate and inappropriate,” Barkley said. “The language we use is sometimes homophobic, sometimes it’s sexist, a lot of times it’s racist. We do that when we’re joking with our teammates, and it’s nothing personal. This national debate that’s going on right now it makes me uncomfortable.”
Watch Barkley’s take on the N-word below.
More from Rucuss
- Charles Barkley Raps To ‘N*ggas In Paris,’ Buys Drinks At Auburn Bar [Video]
- Matt Barnes Blasts Gloria Govan For Risqué Photo With Laura [Details]
- Matt Barnes And Derek Fisher Fight Over Glora Govan
- Matt Barnes Insinuates He’s Dating Rihanna, She Denies It
- Matt Barnes Breaks His Silence, Says Gloria Cheated With His Friend
- Gloria Govan and Matt Barnes Renew Vows, Walks Down The Aisle To Tupac’s ‘All Eyes On Me’ [Photos]