Chaka Khan Wins Custody of Her Granddaughter
Rucuss staffSeptember 16, 2011
Legendary singer Chaka Khan has won temporary custody of her 10-year old granddaughter.
According to TMZ, Khan filed a petition for appointment of guardianship because the child’s parents are drug addicts. In court documents, Khan claimed she assumed the role of the child’s parent fulfilling both the child’s physical and psychological needs for care and affection.
Khan’s sister Tammy McCrary,who was also awarded custody, filed an additional statement that claims Khan’s son also uses and abuses drugs and other illegal substances.
The mother of the 10-year girl lives with Khan.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life
- Chaka Khan Enters Rehab, Cites Prince’s Death As A Motivating Factor
- Chaka Khan Gives Reporter the Side-Eye After Beyonce Comment [Video]
- Whitney Houston BET Awards Tribute: Monica, Brandy, Cissy Houston, Chaka Khan Perform [Video]
- Say What: Master P’s Wife Is On Welfare [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy