Chad Ochocinco Plans To Change Name Back To Johnson [Details]
Johnnie WaltersFebruary 9, 2012
New England Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco may have had a lackluster season on the field.
But that hasn’t stopped him from being in the spotlight. Ochocinco, who made only one catch for 21 yards in the Patriots 21-17 loss to New York in the Super Bowl, remains relevant in the headlines with his off the field gifts to teammates and comments made on Twitter.
If you missed it, Ocho gave his teammtes ‘Beats By Dre’ headphones as a gift for making it to the Super Bowl. He spent around $28,000 for the headphones. He upstaged quarterback Tom Brady and the UGG brand. Brady gave teammates a pair of UGG boots to celebrate.
Now, Ochocinco will be changing his last name back to Johnson. He revealed the decision to his Twitter followers on Wednesday. He said his original last name will be back on July 4. He said he’s changing his name back because of his upcoming wedding to Basketball Wives Miami star Evelyn Lozada.
Check out Ocho’s tweets below:
More from Rucuss
- Tom Brady’s Ugg Commercial
- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Dances, Patriots Receive Super Bowl Rings [Video]
- Gisele Bundchen Emails Friends To Pray For Tom Brady For Super Bowl
- NFL Player Chad Johnson Cut From Miami Dolphins, a Day After Arrest
- Some of the Highest Single-Game Paychecks in Sports
- Tom Brady Takes Crazy Cliff Dive, Plays Pick Up Game With Michael Jordan