Chad Johnson Arrested For Probation Violation [Photos/Video]
Rucuss staffMay 20, 2013
Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested for violating his probation stemming from a domestic violence incident with his ex-wife, Evelyn Lozada.
An arrest warrant was issued earlier this month when Johnson failed to show up for two visits with his probation officer, TMZ reports. He also failed to show proof of enrollment in a domestic violence education class.
A Fort Lauderdale judge determined Johnson was in violation and ordered him to be jailed Monday until he posts a $1,000 bond. Another hearing was set for June 3.
Johnson is serving a year of probation after he head-butted Lozada during an argument last August. She filed for divorce after being married on July 4th.
Johnson also filed paperwork with a court to ask a judge to lower his child support payments for one of his children, TMZ reports. Johnson’s payments to Andrea Pearson, one of the mothers of his children, reportedly are $5,420 per month.
Johnson agreed to that amount in March 2012 when he said in filings he was making $66,000 per month. Johnson was not with an NFL team at the time, but he had plenty of endorsement deals, a TV show on VH1, and he was later brought to training camp by the Miami Dolphins.
Johnson’s NFL prospects ended after the Miami Dolphins released him following his altercation with Lozada. He also lost endorsement deals and their TV show as a result of the arrest.
Watch footage of Johnson’s hearing below.
Photos via TMZ, CBS News and ABC
More from Rucuss
- Chad Johnson Released From Jail, Claims He Only Makes $3,000 a Month [Details]
- Chad Johnson Slams Evelyn Lozada on Twitter, Her Daughter Shaniece Goes Off! [Details]
- Chad Ochocinco Calls Monogamy Impossible, Says He Still Loves Evelyn Lozada [Video]
- Photos of Chad Johnson’s Ex Evelyn Lozada’s Bloody Head Gash Injury Emerge
- Basketball Wives Reunion Canceled After Evelyn Lozada Refuses To Film! [Details]
- Evelyn Lozada Calls Chad Johnson a ‘Tweet Stalker!’ [Details]