Carmelo Anthony Brings Own Bodyguard to Boston Celtics Game [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 24, 2013
New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony claims there’s no ‘bad blood’ between him and Boston Celtics star Kevin Garnett.
If so, than why the extra security for Thursday’s game against the Celtics? Melo seems to be preparing for something to happen. According to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, Melo plans to bring a personal bodyguard to Boston.
The New York Daily News reports:
Carmelo Anthony has become public enemy No. 1 in Celtics Nation, which would explain the Knicks All-Star forward being accompanied by his own personal bodyguard as he ventured into hostile territory for Thursday’s game against Kevin Garnett and the Celtics.
It is not uncommon for superstar players, Kobe Bryant for example, to have their own security detail. The Knicks employ two security guards that are with the team at all times while Anthony’s bodyguard occasionally travels to road games.
Anthony and Kevin Garnett got into a heated argument during their last meeting in January that resulted in both receiving technical fouls. Garnett, who is known for trash talking players, allegedly told Melo that his wife taste like Honey Nut Cheerios. It sent Melo over the edge. He waited for Garnett by the Celtics’ bus.
It could be a good call by Melo to bring security. Sporting events can bring out the worst in some people. Just ask Dwyane Wade. The Miami Heat star had a Utah Jazz fan escorted from the arena after he continued to taunt the star during a road game in January.
Photo via New York Daily News
More from Rucuss
- Trouble in Paradise: Carmelo and LaLa Anthony Headed for Divorce?
- Carmelo Anthony Waits For Kevin Garnett After Game Following Argument [Video]
- LaLa Anthony Responds to Honey Nut Cheerios Rumor [Details]
- Fashion Treat: Get Your “Honey Nut Carmelo’s” T-Shirt [Photo]
- Carmelo Anthony: ‘La La Has a Right to be Upset With Jordan Crawford, Celtics!’ [Details]
- LaLa Anthony Shows Off Her 60-Day-Fitness Bikini Body [Photos]