Busta Rhymes Splits with Cash Money [Details}
Rucuss staffJuly 24, 2014
Busta Rhymes has officially parted ways with Cash Money.
During a visit to SiriusXM’s Sway in the Morning, Busta announced the split after more tha two years at the label. His reasons for the departure was due to creative differences.
“Nothing happened in a negative way,” Busta said. “I was there for two years and the opportunity was a great opportunity at the time because of the type of deal that was done. For me, with this particular project and all of the sacrifice that went into it—recording the album for five years, I [lost] Chris Lighty making this album, I [lost] my father making this album—the shit that I was putting into this album, I’m not compromising my vision for it.”
Busta signed with Cash Money in November 2011, but never released an album on the label.
Busta explained, “If I feel like if, in the slightest way, we ain’t facilitating everything necessary for the vision to be seen and executed in the way I’m envisioning this shit for the last five years, let me live and die in my own own inequity, homie.”
Busta claims he and Birdman talked it out, and didn’t rule out future collaborations.
“After I see this through, if there’s other opportunities for us to explore as businessmen together, let’s continue to do it.”
Busta’s new album is titled, E.L.E. 2. He dropped his new single Calm Down featuring Eminem earlier this month.
More from Rucuss
- Busta Rhymes Pours Two Bottles Of Liquor On Woman For Pulling On His Pants [Video]
- Busta Rhymes Flips Out at Restaurant, Allegedly Calls Staff Fags, Bitches! [Details]
- Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timbaland, Busta Rhymes & More Attend Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ Listening Party [Photos]
- Jas Prince Sues Cash Money Over Drake Earnings [Details]
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- CeeLo Green Addresses Exploding Phone Video [Details]