Busta Rhymes Arrested For Assault at Gym [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 6, 2015
Busta Rhymes appears to have lost his cool during a recent workout session.
According to TMZ, Busta was working out at Steel Gym in the Chelsea area of New York on Wednesday night when he got into an argument with a fellow gym goer. The 43-year-old rapper allegedly threw a bottle of Lean Body Protein at the man.
The victim refused medical attention at the scene, CBS New York reports. Busta, whose birth name is Trevor Smith, was arrested for second degree assault.
Hours after being taken into custody in New York City, Busta spoke out on Instagram about how he’s doing.
“Thanks to everyone who helped expedite this evening for me,”Busta wrote. “I’m good and we’re back to the grind. Heading 2 the studio 2 turn the bulls— into GREATNESS. I’m super good.”
Busta was arrested, arraigned and released overnight without bail after entering a not-guilty plea.
“These charges are a bunch of bull,” Busta’s defense attorney Scott Leemon told ABC News. “It’s another attempt of someone trying to take advantage of his celebrity status.”
Busta is due back in court on Nov. 6.
More from Rucuss
- Groupie Says Busta Rhymes Allegedly Gave Her Herpes
- Busta Rhymes Flips Out at Restaurant, Allegedly Calls Staff Fags, Bitches! [Details]
- 10 Things You Should Always Have in Your Gym Bag [Details]
- Busta Rhymes Pours Two Bottles Of Liquor On Woman For Pulling On His Pants [Video]
- 30-Minute Indoor Workouts that Anyone Can Do [Details]
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz Rap About Chelsea Handler, Mentions 50 Cent [Video]