Bruno Mars Will Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 7, 2013
Bruno Mars will reportedly perform his biggest show to date next year.
After selling out numerous arenas on his Moonshine Jungle World Tour, Mars has been selected to headline the Super Bowl halftime show on February 2, 2014. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Treasure singer is expected to perform at Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
An NFL spokesman would not confirm the report, but did joke that Janet Jackson and Miley Cyrus have been ruled out as performers. An official announcement could come as early as Sunday.
Beyoncé performed during last year’s halftime show in New Orleans, where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31. Other past Super Bowl headliners include Michael Jackson, Prince and Madonna, Black-Eyed Peas and Usher just to name a few.
Mars, whose sophomore album Unorthodox Jukebox has been certified platinum, wrapped the U.S. leg of his tour earlier this month. He is scheduled to perform in Europe on Oct. 2.
His hits include Locked Out of Heaven, Just the Way You Are, Grenade, Treasure and When I Was Your Man.
Photos via Billboard.com, Barkbiteblog.com
More from Rucuss
- Bruno Mars Scores Most Watched Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Lil Wayne Doesn’t Like to Be Touched, Goes Off on Camera Man [Video]
- Destiny’s Child Will Perform at Super Bowl, Release Another Album [Details]
- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Dances, Patriots Receive Super Bowl Rings [Video]
- Florida Woman Arrested For Pimping 15-Year Old Daughter to Super Bowl Fans
- Seven Unflattering Photos Beyonce Demanded to be Removed From Internet [Photos]